Creamed Spinach is a good alternative way to cooking older spinach leaves, spinach beet, or Swiss Chard.
Time: 15 minutes
Good with: Ratatouille Pie, Non-Meatballs, Vegetarian Sausages
Ingredients for Creamed Spinach
500g fresh spinach
50ml double cream
nutmeg, salt and pepper.
1. Wilt the spinach in a large pan, with just a splash of water.
2. Refresh in cold water and drain.
3. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible into a saucepan.
4. Boil the retained liquid until it has reduced to a couple of tablespoons.
5. Meanwhile chop the spinach roughly.
6. Add the spinach to the reduced liquid, season with salt pepper and nutmeg (just a quick grate), and add the cream.
7. Simmer until the spinach has warmed through.
[comment comment_file =”/comments.php”]