This recipe for Madras Curry Paste will keep almost indefinitely if stored in an airtight jar in the fridge.
You can use it for all types of Indian curries.
Ingredients for Madras Curry Paste
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp Garam Masala
2 tsp ground turmeric
8 tbsp ground coriander
2tsp black mustard seeds
4 tbsp ground cumin
3 garlic cloves
2.5cm cube fresh ginger
125ml red wine vinegar
75ml vegetable oil
- Crush the garlic, grate the ginger.
- Put all ingredients except for the vinegar and oil into a bowl
- Mix well
- Stir in the vinegar and mix to a smooth paste
- Heat oil in medium saucepan
- Stir in the mixture over low heat until mixture boils and oil begins to separate from the spices
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow to cool
- Store in airtight jar and add to curries as required
[comment comment_file =”/comments.php”]